News about HCL Digital’s academy, a free and brand new manual on how to go from using Outlook to using Notes, and HCL Connections makes a shortlist. Read all about it here!
HCL Software Academy for Digital Solutions
The HCL Digital Solutions Academy is responsible for curating and organizing technical education for HCL’s customers and business partners.
The academy will perform technical reviews prior to content delivery via an organized content delivery processes. This will be done with content review boards comprised of experts from various internal technical teams, HCL Ambassadors, business partners and customers.
In addition to providing white papers, the academy will also give you opportunities to earn:
- Badges for creating content
- Badges for completion of course content and assessments
- Product Certification Exams to prove technical expertise
Here is the status for the academy right now:
Here is the content progress:
The HCL Software Academy for Digital Solutions will continuously work on the program throughout 2021, so that it will be your go to place for learning material, courses and certifications. Stay tuned. We will update you here at ncug.org as we get the news.
HCL Client Advocacy Program
How the Program Works
HCL Software customers with an active software subscription or approved HCL Business Partners can request to participate in HCL’s free program.
Your product Client Advocacy Manager will evaluate your needs and business strategy and assign an HCL Client Advocate who will be your direct technical point of contact.
What the program offers
The HCL Client Advocacy Program offers you these opportunities and benefits:
- Discussions of your product usage and deployment successes and challenges
- Essential feedback with Product Management, Support, Development and Sales
- Direct interaction with product feature teams according to your needs
- Proactive communication on product news, updates, and related events, webinars
- Help with requirements for services engagements or advanced support needs
Direct point of contact
The Client Advocate is a member of the technical teams, familiar with your environment and product usage. By working closely with you, your Client Advocate:
- Understands your goals, challenges and business strategies.
- Represents your voice on HCL Software planning sessions and road maps.
- Focuses on your success and help you obtain the most value from the product.
- Provides you with knowledge and access to offerings and initiatives
- Meets with you on a regular cadence
Here are the products covered by the program:
This is a wonderful opportunity to get your HCL Digital Solutions catered to your needs. This is something that IBM customers wanted for years. The Client Advocacy program will also send out regular newsletters.
Notes Manual for Previous Outlook Users
Outlook is the email and scheduling client with the largest user base. This means that if you get a new employee in your company, they were most likely Outlook users in their previous position. If you are using Notes for email and calendaring, there will be a period of adjustment for the employee.
In the past 15 years, our leader, Hogne, has had several user training sessions for users that comes from the world of Outlook to the world of Notes. Out of this experience, Hogne has created a document that will hopefully help you make the transition smoother, and make it easier for the employee to adapt to working with Notes.
HCL Connections makes the Constellation Research ShortList
To create a unified experience, digital workspaces today must integrate with a wide variety of business software, including communication and collaboration tools, as well as line-of-business applications for sales, marketing, customer support and more. Digital workspaces may also bring together content management, web conferencing and enterprise group messaging into a seamless user experience. They provide personalized content for each employee, taking facets such as job role and location into account to deliver a tailored, in-context experience. Finally, areas such as search, governance, compliance and data residency are critical for enterprise deployment.
HCL Connections does this job in a very good way. Therefore they of course made the Constellation Research ShortList, next to SharePoint and SalesForce.
- Remember the Let’s Connect’s webinar on March 16th to learn all about the latest HCL Connections news
- HCL’s Tim Clark, who takes care of the HCL Ambassadors won an award from our sister user group C3UG
- Ales Lichtenberg has dug up some really nice videos regarding HCL products
- Domino Application Strategy: Key insights for successful modernization and migration projects
Anything we missed? Do you have any questions? Leave a comment below!