Poor old Domino Designer. It has received a lot of flak, and let’s face it: It’s very, very dated and not something you want for 2020. HCL now seems to have come up with it’s successor: Volt MX!
First of all: Don’t let the Volt part of Volt MX fool you into thinking that this has anything to do with Domino Volt. HCL will be using the term Volt for all their low code products, and Volt MX is something else entirely.
So what is Volt MX? The MX part means “multi user experience.” Let’s say you have an old Notes/Domino application with a lot of business logic in the back end. With the help of Volt MX, you will have the ability to build a front end user interface for that will work on Android, iOS and the web. But you will have to build it only once, not once for each platform. It will also make it easy for you to integrate your Domino application with other platforms, systems and solutions. And you can also use AI frameworks to create smart apps and really utilize your data in a new way.
In short: It sounds just like the medicine Domino developers have been wanting for the last decade or so.
Want to know more?
- HCL recently had a webinar where they not only talked about Volt MX, they also did a demo where they transformed a native Notes app into something eyeopening. Check out the webinar here
- Sign up for HCL Digital Week 2020 where they will give you even more details and demos about Volt MX, in addition to all other news about Notes, Domino, Domino Volt, Connections, Sametime, Nomad and more
- Andrew Manby from HCL has a nice blog posting about Volt MX
- You can also check out HCL’s product page
- And you can even schedule a demo
What do you think of this new product? Is it a game changer? Is it what those who are sick and tired of no development of Domino Designer (which will still be around for Domino V12) have been waiting for? Let us know!