Notes/Domino V 11.0.1 are released, there’s Sametime trouble, DNUG goes digital, IBM shuts down Knowledge Center and a new video from the Canadian User Group is out. Read all about it here!
This week saw the release of Notes/Domino and Traveler V 11.0.1. Here are some of the news with this release:
- You can download a complete Docker-compatible image for the Domino server via FlexNet. Domino is pre-installed so that it’s very easy to deploy the Docker image.
- Finally you can register Windows (Active Directory) and Domino users in one and the same operation via the Directory Sync feature
- DAOS has been enhanced, and it’s now possible to move attachments to AWS (Amazon’s cloud service)
- SwiftFile is finally integrated in Notes, instead of being a standalone download. SwiftFile is a tool tha helps you sort and work with email, and a lot of users love it. Ask your admin to activate it via a setting in the notes.ini file
- A New Java Runtime Environment is included
- New version of MarvelClient Essentials from Panagenda
- Improved functionality for importing and viewing attachments
- CreateDocumentCollection is a new addition in the LotusScript NotesDatabase class that a lot of people have waited for
- Domino Query Language has been improved even more
- There is also a new version of the AppDev pack where domino-db now supports rich text items
See the complete list of improvements here
Ales Lichtenberg also has a great list of the improvements too.
Gabriella Davis has also listed a few technotes.
Supported languages are Brazillian Portugese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese and Spanish
Sametime problem in V11.0.1
Mind you: If you are still running Sametime in IBM Smart Cloud, the embedded Sametime client won’t work. HCL and IBM are working on this.
IBM Knowledge Center
The good old Knowledge Center site has been shut down by IBM. That shouldn’t come as a surprise, since they no longer own the old ICS portfolio. Thankfully HCL has new support pages up, and we are glad to report that more and more of them are showing up in Google searches these days.
Because of the Corona situation, the German Domino user group, DNUG, goes digital this year. It’s really groundbreaking what they are up to. Check it out!
New video from C3UG
The Canadian usergroup has published a new video. This time it’s Heiko Voigt’s presentation from Engage, where he talks about moving on from Xpages, as HCL doesn’t seem to be doing much with that technology.
You can see the slides here.
And here’s the video: